Friday, February 8, 2008

A Walk in the Woods


This morning I was walking along the abandoned rail way line near our home. I came to a place where there was bush on both sides. I saw cardinals and bluejays as well as other birds. I was reminded of the times I walked or cross country skiied near our home in Thunder Bay with the boys. They were wonderful teaching times and it reminded me of Deuteronomy 6 where Moses tells the people, "Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Some of the best teaching times are those unplanned, unrushed times when you are walking with your children. The picture is of my number 3 son cross country skiing.

2 comments:

MandieCurtis said...

those were very good times. I have many fond memories of skiing in Wishart and other places you took us.

GDAC Bible Studies said...

Thanks Curtis, they are some of my great memories of you boys growing up. Hiking at the Cascades, climbing the sleeping giant or Mount MacKay, canoeing in Quetico or skiing at Wishart.