Friday, February 1, 2008

Remember, Observe and 5:30 am

I woke up at 5:30 this morning hearing the sleet hitting our window. And while I listened to the snow and wind I started thinking again about the fourth commandment. I have known that the fourth commandment is different in Deuteronomy than in Exodus but for some reason I never took time to notice the first word.
In Exodus we are told to remember the Sabbath Day because God is our Creator. We are to look back at what He did for us. However, in Deuteronomy we are told to observe the Sabbath Day and in doing this we are to look ahead. The second giving of the commandment tells us that we are to observe the Commandment because our God has redeemed us but I didn't notice that it is also telling us to look into the future when the the commandment will be fulfilled because of the coming of our Redeemer.

No comments: