Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Honour your Parents

Twenty years after my father passed away I would like to be able to tell him how much I appreciated and loved him. I may not be able to tell him personally but I can show my own children who he was and what he taught me.
Both of my parents have gone to be with the Lord but their influence lives on. My mother was the kind of person who when you were with her you alwys felt that you were the most important of all her eight children. When you were with my dad you always felt that one of the others was the most important. I know that both of my parents loved each of us deeply but it was years before I learned that my father really loved me and was proud of me. That came as almost as great a shock as to learn that my mother loved the other children as much as she loved me.

No comments: