Monday, February 4, 2013

Should the Ten Commandments be Posted in Schools?

I am going to give the answer I hate, yes and no.  First let me say why they should.  I believe that the commandments are the basis of all our laws.  The second part tells us how we are to relate one to another.  No lying, no stealing, no murder, no adultery, etc.  It is important that people know where these laws about stealing and lying come from.
However, I will add a no answer because I think that people see these commandments and think that if they obey these laws then they will have a right standing with God.  It should be pointed out that before the law was given the people had to be redeemed.  It is always so.  First grace then law.  The keeping of the law does not lead us to grace but it can show us that we need grace.  However, grace will lead us to the law.

No comments: