Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Connections

Tonight I was talking to a friend of mine and we were talking about Deuteronomy.  He will be covering my class while I am gone and he will do chapters 8 and 9.  Chapter 8 is about being grateful and he told me as he was studying the chapter he suddenly realized where he read all this before.  Jesus covers the same material in the sermon on the mount in Matthew 6.  Sometimes I feel that dispensationalists have robbed us of the riches of the Old Testament.  The OT and particularly Deuteronomy has many of the foundational truths that we read about in the New Testament.  Dispensationalists were not totally wrong but many of the disciples have missed some great truths because of seeing the OT as the dispensation of Law and the NT as the dispensation of grace.  It was always grace and it still is Law.  The one thing we need to remember is that Law follows grace not grace follows the Law.

No comments: