Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Favorite Books Part 1

I would like to list what I think are the 50 books that have effected me the most. In the first listing I want to list those writers who are no longer alive.
These books are in no particular order. Plese feel free to add any to my list.
1. Oswald Chambers - My Utmost for His Highest
2. C. S. Lewis - Mere Christianity
3. C. S. Lewis - The Screwtape Letters
4. A. W. Tozer - The Pursuit of God
5. A. W. Tozer - The Knowledge of the Holy
6. L. E. Maxwell - Born Crucified
7. Roy Hession - The Calvary Road
8. Brother Lawrence - The Practice of the Presence of God.

Next will be those that I have heard over the past year.

2 comments:

AWHall said...

John Piper, "Desiring God"
John Piper, "The Pleasures of God"
C. J. Mahaney, "Humility: True Greatness"
Greg Gilbert, "What is the Gospel?"
C. S. Lewis, "Screwtape Letters"

GDAC Bible Studies said...

Thanks - I am always interested in books others have found helpful.