Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good Judgment

“Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands.” (Psalm 119:66)

I have seen may intelligent people make very poor judgments. I have often joked that I wish I could sell “stupid insurance” to cover the stupid things that we do from time to time. I am sure that we have all wished we had insurance to cover our seemingly stupid mistakes.

The Psalmist knew that knowledge and good judgment does not necessarily come from common sense. We need more than common sense if we are to make good judgments; we need the leading of God’s Word. God’s Word does not tell us what to do in every situation but as we are students of the Word and trust and believe the Word then when we make decisions we will do so in light of what brings glory to God.

When Jesus went back to His Father He told His disciples that He would send them the Holy Spirit Who would teach them all things. The Holy Spirit does that through the Word of God.

No comments: