Saturday, August 21, 2010

Callous

“Their hearts are callous and unfeeling, but I delight in your law.” (Psalm 119:70)
When I was working on construction my hands became calloused. First they formed blisters because I was not use to that kind of work but the blisters went away and my hands became calloused. They were hardened so I could handle the tools without any fear of getting blisters again.
Now a callous can be a good thing but when our hearts become hardened or calloused that is anything but a good thing. After I quit working on construction my hands soon lost their hardness but if our hearts become calloused then we need the work of God to change our hearts. Ezekiel said, “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” (Ezekiel 36:26).
To avoid getting a heart that is calloused or unfeeling is to spend time in the Word of God.

No comments: