Thursday, August 12, 2010

Midnight

“At midnight I rise to give you thanks for your righteous laws.” (Psalm 119:62)

What do we do when we cannot sleep? Some people read, some people watch television while others count sheep. Someone has said that instead of counting sheep you should talk to the shepherd.

Many times people have been awaken in the night with a strong compulsion to pray for someone only later to find that the person who they were praying for was going through a time of trial or testing at that time.

However, we do not always have that unction to pray for someone in particular but we should have a desire to talk to our heavenly Father. We always have something to be thankful for or something to praise Him for. We may be thankful for our warm bed even though we could not sleep.

When we first came to Manila I would wake up in the night with knot in my stomach wondering why I had brought my wife and daughter to such a strange country so far from where I was comfortable. However, I also found it was a time to talk to God and He confirmed to me that it was He who had brought us here.

Take time when you cannot sleep to talk to the Good Shepherd.

No comments: