Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why I am not Pre-trib.

Now before you think I am a heretic or that I do not take a high view of Scripture let me explain what I mean. The pre-tribulation return of Jesus Christ may be true but the Scriptures do not give us that information. Much of the information about the return of Jesus Christ deals with the certainty of that return not the time.
The reason I cannot be dogmatic about the doctrine of pre-tribulation rapture is that it seems to come from a fear of going through the tribulation as to our willingness to suffer for the Gospel. I read Hebrews 11 and I realize that these people would have loved to have avoided the tribulation they went through but they died not having obtained the promise.
Now I may be wrong and I hope I am but this is not a doctrine to die for. Let us pray that we will avoid tribulation but we know that those who believe in the Gospel will suffer for Christ's sake.

1 comment:

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

I'm not really concerned if Christ's return is pre-, post-, or mid-. I am concerned that I will be found faithful. If we go through the trib so what, it's temporary.