Monday, September 26, 2011

View from here


When you view the world from the world you will only see the world. Too many times that is what happens to us as Christians. No wonder we are confused about the world and how we should react to it. The first thing we need to do is change our perspective. We need to have heaven's view of the world. How do we get that? First, we must know for certain that heaven is our home even though we reside in the world right now. The old spiritual says it right, "this world is not my home, I'm just apassin thru." Second, to get a proper perspective we must be students of the word. David said it well when he said, "Your word have I hidden in my heart so that I might not sin against you." Third, we must resist the world. We are never called to be delivered from the world but to overcome the world. Remember, the world and its attractions will pass away.

No comments: