Friday, January 7, 2011

Wisdom

We are told in Daniel 1 that Daniel and his friends were ten times wiser than the other wise men. Now I am not sure what that means but I think it says that Daniel and his friends did show more wisdom tan the others. Maybe they were correct ten times more often than the others but whatever it means it shows me that this wisdom was God given. James tells us that if we lack wisdom we are to ask of God and He will give us wisdom. That is why I am auras it was God given.
At the end of Daniel there is a wonderful promise: Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. Daniel 12:3. Daniel's life and record shows me that this is true. If it was true for Daniel it can be true for us.

No comments: