Monday, January 3, 2011

God's People have Hope

The Hebrew sections of the book of Daniel are often looked on prophetic only but they were written to give God's people hope. First, we see very clearly that God is in control. Kings may think that they are but this is God's doing. The prophetic chapters show us that there is hope for God's people. Antiochus or the Antichrist may think that they are suppressing and eliminating the people of God but like all other earthly kings, they are there by God's permissive will. So instead of reading Daniel. 8-12 with uncertainty read it knowing that God is in control and the earthly kings can go so far and no further.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a good Bible study as are all the ones you do. I know in my own life, as I look back, that no matter how far I strayed God was always there and in charge. Too bad it took me so long to realize it and pay attention. Thanks Joe

GDAC Bible Studies said...

Thank you. I am looking forward to spending time in this wonderful book. God's word is always new every morning just as His mercies. Great is His faithfulness.