Monday, March 22, 2010

Mary's Poem

My friend Mary who has suffered many loses in her life, two sons and her husband of 46 years, is a remarkable woman of faith. Here is the poem she wrote after her husband died last week.

Mourning With Father

Went to a funeral this week of my love.
Emotions running wild-- this is just not real.
Is this really happening, my world fallen down.
Why, I don’t even know how I feel.

I run into the throne-room, Father, Father, where are you?
Searching for the help I’ve had many times before.
Before I can even utter another word,
Father has come and met me at the door.

I’ve been expecting you child, What took so long,
He holds me oh so tight.
Can you trust me now to see you through
I promise, things will be all right.

Now, come sit down and tell me all,
that’s on your heart and mind.
So I told him about the cancer and
how God’s people were so kind.

It seemed I talked forever with all that was on my heart.
I let the tears run freely as I did.
Then I leaned against him exhausted as he held me in his arms
Comforting me as a Father would his kid.

Mary, you’ll never have to walk alone,
This is my promise to you.
I’ll always be right by your side
In everything you do.

Continue on your journey, your love is here with me.
Let not your heart be troubled or dismayed.
My throne room is always open to come and tell me all
Come any time—be it night or day.

I left feeling better, Bob was safe with him
I knew my walk down here is not in vain
So, I’ll lift my head up high, put a smile upon my face.
Until I see my family up in heaven once again.

Mary
March 18/2010

No comments: