Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Thanksgiving Tribute

This was written by my friend Mary. Thanks to Mary for sending it to us.

As I sit here, I wonder what I want to say on thankfulness. Where do I start giving thanks for all the blessings in my life.

First and foremost, I want to thank God for a good husband. It will be 45 years next month we have been together. It doesn’t get any better than that.

I’m thankful for my home, for food on the table, for each of us having a car to drive, clothes on our backs, and a mind and body that works well. We have all we need and I realize it is all from the hand of God.

I thank him also for Christian brothers and sisters I have met. What a wonderful blessing to be in the family of God. To pray for each other, build each other up and encourage. For the Pastors and elders that lead our little flock, although sometimes, I realize they are hurting themselves. For the wives of these Godly men who are a quite strength behind them. For the leaders that handle music, children, extra programs and teaching, I am truly grateful.

There is no way on God’s green earth I could fill the space for things to be thankful for. For fall leaves and colors, migration, Indian summer and rainy days, they are all his handiwork. For the squirrels collecting nuts and storing them to blue jays squawking at our windows to be fed peanuts again, I love it all.

So folks, when you are enjoying thanksgiving with your family or friends, or even eating alone, be sure to give thanks to a creator who thinks you are the center of his heart.

Happy Thanksgiving

Bob and Mary

No comments: