Monday, January 21, 2013

Listen and do

I will not tell you the number of times my wife as asked me to do something and I did something only to find out that I hadn't listened totally and did the wrong thing.  You would think I would learn but I still make the same mistake over and over again.  I need to listen, listen carefully, and then do. 
The joke is told about an elderly couple who were getting forgetful.  One day the wife asked her husband if he wanted something to eat.  He told her he would like to have a bowl of ice cream.  She was gone for a long time and when she returned she had a plate of scrambled eggs.  He told her that she never listened to him, he wanted his eggs over easy.
Moses tells the people to listen to his words and then do what they are instructed to do.  Today we need to listen to God's Word.  The Scriptures tells us that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.  Moses told the people that if they wanted to live well in the land then they needed to listen to and obey the Words of the Lord.

No comments: