Friday, July 23, 2010

I Will Speak

“I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame.” (Psalm 119:14)

Jeremiah said one time, “But if I say, ‘I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,’ his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.” Jeremiah 20:9

Paul said, “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.” Romans 1:16

When you know good news you want to make it known. Jeremiah was frustrated because the people did not want to hear the message but when he wanted to remain silent he found that he could not do it.

There was once a town crier who was constantly crying out the message of destruction but no one paid him any heed. When he was asked why he kept crying out the message when no one listened he said that he had to or else he would not believe the message himself.

No comments: