Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Shack


I cannot believe that I am doing a book report on a book that I haven't read. I don't know where I have been but I didn't hear about this book until this morning and suddenly I find myself having to make some comments about it. I have made it a habit to read books that have caused some controversy so that I can help others understand the strengths and weaknesses of those books. However, I have not read any of the Left Behind series. I suggest that you go to youtude.com and watch two videos. One is by the author himself, William Paul Young, and the other by Pastor Mark Discoll.
Some of the testimonies that I have heard bother me. Why do people go to novels to get their doctrine. Much of what people believe about end times comes from fiction, the Left Behind series and I am afraid that the understanding of the Trinity may come from this book. What has happened to the Word of God? Why do we get our theology from fiction or songs and not from the Scriptures themselves? Is it because we want to be entertained or are we too lazy to study ourselves?

No comments: