Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Kisses from Katie

I have been reading Katie Davis' book about her life in Uganda.  Having been there I know some of what she is writing about.  Yesterday I was reading about the very poor that she has helped and as I read my heart was stirred both in pity and in anger.  In pity for the poor helpless children who have to suffer and anger for the world that ignores them.  I wanted to do something about their suffering and my class does some by helping a young man in Uganda with the expenses for his home for street boys.
As I walked out of my house I looked across at my neighbours and suddenly I felt rebuked.  The children in Uganda may only suffer for 10 or 20 or 50 years but if my neighbours do not come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour then they will suffer far worse and for much longer.  That does not mean that I should ignore the first but it does mean that I cannot ignore the second.

No comments: