Thursday, November 22, 2012

Save money live better

I was in a clothing store with my wife and as we paid for our purchases the cashier said that we saved something like $55 that day.  I thought we probably would have saved a lot more if we had not bought anything.  A major department store advertises that if we shop at their store we save money and live better.  I cannot stand that advertisement.  If we truly wanted to live better we would buy less not buy things at a cheaper price.  To be truly content we have to be givers rather than receivers or buyers.  However, anyone can give but to truly give we must begin by giving ourselves to the Lord. 
There are things that I would like to have.  My van is thirteen years old and it would be nice to have a new vehicle.  I would like to have a new iPad but mine is fine.  Someone generously gave me a new lap top computer, what a blessing that was to me.  When he showed up at the door with it I almost cried.  Not because I was getting a new computer but that my friend thought enough of me to buy one for me so I could use it in my teaching.  Friends have bought me books, CD's and more and I feel so blessed.  My desire is to be generous like they are.  If I want to live better I will begin by buying less for myself and giving more to others.

No comments: