Saturday, May 19, 2012

Uganda: Some final thoughts

Though our trip to Uganda was difficult it is one that I will never forget.  We did have some tough times.  I got something in my eye that made my eyes hurt for a few days.  Curtis had a negative reaction to malaria medicine.  Our first night in Kabale was without electricity and our first few days in Mbarara were without water.  We seemed to eat a lot of matoke and beans and the roads were very rough.  However, ...
There are some great memories.  The scenery was spectacular.
The children were beautiful.

The people were great.
We had time to relax...
and a time to worship.
We met with kids who were no longer homeless...
and we got to know some very special people.
Was it worth it?  Absolutly!
Would I do it again!  Yes, I would.  However, not tomorrow.
Here is a final picture, how I always pictured Africa.
Thank you to all who supported us with gifts, money and prayers.  Yes, we left a part of our heart in Africa.

No comments: