Monday, May 7, 2012

Kabale

After we arrived in Uganda we traveled to Kabale which is in the south of Uganda near the Rwonda and Congo borders. Kabale is where we stayed the first week. I will tell a few stories from Kabale.
Above is the view of Kabale from Samson's house, where we stayed that week. Below is Curtis and Samson in his home.
Above is Samson in his new suit that we brought from BFM in Chatham and I am in my African shirt on the front steps of Samson's house. Below is a scene we saw near Kabale. Two men, one above and one below are cutting a log into planks.
Below are some street scenes from the market in Kabale.
The above scene is a lady vendor sifting her beans she has for sale. Beans were one of the main foods we ate while in Uganda. The first night that we were in Kabale the power went out. We were in a strange place that was fairly remote with no lights. My eyes were hurting from the pollution in Kampala and I had something in one of my eyes that was really hurting. I tried washing it out but that didn't help. As we laid in bed Steve and I relized how totally helpless we were. We were totally vulernable and unable to do anything for ourselves. We wanted to go home but that too was impossible. At that moment I knew what it is to be totally dependent upon God. We had to commit ourselves to Him and trust Him to care for us. (And we prayed for morning to come.) Tomorrow I want to tell the story of our ministry in Kabale.

No comments: