Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ministry in Kabale

While we were in Kabale we were part of a ministry team that first preached at Samson's church. I was chosen to preach and when I started it seemed that I was caught up in the Spirit. The energy in the place was very high and to everyone's surprise I came on like an old time revival preacher. Below is the church where I preached.
Here is the street that goes by the church.
On Friday we went to a remote mountain village for revival meetings. They had brought in a monsterous PA system and built a platform as you can see in the pictures below. It took over an hour to drive to the village along roads on the side of the mountain, roads that were too narrow to meet another vehicle. Here are some of the scenes from the meetings in the village.
The singers were full of energy and they made that platform rock.
Below is part of the crowd that gathered for the service.
Steve preached and did an outstanding job. He is a good communicator and the people were very attentative to his teaching.
On Saturday morning we returned to the village but this time we met in the church. This time it was my turn to preach. I had chosen to preach from Isaiah 35 on the Song of the Redeemed and though I used the same message as I preached Wednesday evening because of the crowd it was a very different sermon.
When we went to Uganda I was not prepared to preach. I thought I would be doing some teaching but God had other plans. I am so thankful that God could use me. I must say I enjoyed preaching.

No comments: