Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mom and Dad


I am so grateful for my mom and dad who loved the Lord and taught us to love Him as well. They both had a great love for the Scriptures and particularly the Psalms.

As I was reading in the Psalms I came to Psalm 95 and I thought about my mom. This was one of her favourite Psalms and now whenever I read it I think of her. The central aim of her life was to glorify God and she desired that would be the central aim in the lives of her children. When mom was dying I often visited her and she never said anything. However, you knew that if she could she would be extolling Him with songs of praise and thanksgiving.

One incident sticks in my mind. It was in the early stages of her disease but she had an attack and ended up in the hospital. Our pastor and I went to visit her and she told us about two young children who had come to see her. They had sat in the chair and never said a word. However, they brought her comfort. At first we were confused as to who these children were as children were not allowed in that part of the hospital. Suddenly we realized that they had been ministering angels that had come to give her comfort.

My dad's favourite Psalm was the ninety first Psalm. That Psalm speaks about trust and other than being thankful I think that trust was the mark of my dad.

This Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for and I am so thankful for my godly parents.

No comments: