Sunday, October 16, 2011

Five words


"Jesus only and only Jesus."
With so many voices out there telling us about diversity, pluralism, tolerance it seems so narrow to say "Jesus only and only Jesus." This morning Pastor Gord preached on that and it was a powerful message. Someone asked me afterwards if Gord and I talked about what we were going to do as my lesson from 1 John was along exactly the same lines as Pastor Gord's sermon. Of course we didn't but I trust that we both listened to the Holy Spirit who is truly the author of both my lesson and Pastor Gord's sermon.
Here are two quotes from Pastor Gord's sermon: "To believe Him 95% is to be 100% lost." "To be almost right about Jesus is to be totaly wrong."
Jesus only, let me see,
Jesus only, none save He,
Then my song shall ever be
Jesus! Jesus only!
A. B. Simpson

No comments: