Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blameless

"Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." (Psalm 119:1)

I have yet to meet anyone who is faultless but I do know many who are blameless. Some people think that faultless and blameless are the same thing, but they are not. When I trusted Jesus Christ as my personal saviour I was declared righteous, that is, God no longer saw my sin but He saw me through the precious blood of His Son Jesus. When Paul wrote to the church at Thessalonica, he told them that God would make them unblamable in holiness. The writer of Hebrews tells us that without holiness we will not see the Lord. I am so thankful for this truth; that God provides the holiness that He requires of me. When we look at others, we see their faults, and we wonder how God can declare that person to be holy. When God looks at us, He sees us through the faultless life and the precious blood of Jesus and since He was faultless, we are blameless.

The Psalmist says that the blameless walk according to the law of the Lord. In this Psalm the Psalmist has a great deal to say about the Word of God. The Word tells us how we can conform our lives to be like His Son's. Because God has declared me blameless by His Son I will try to be more like Him. To do this I must go to His Word to learn how I should live. The Psalmist says that we are to walk according to the law of God.

No comments: