Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quick Sand

In 1981 we built a house on a semi-rural lot. Before we could build the lot had to be cleared. One day I took our oldest son, who was six at the time, with me while I took the chain saw to clear the lot. I told him to stay away from where I was working so he played by the road and in the ditch. After awhile I had to shut off the chain saw and I heard him calling me. He sounded scared. I ran to him and found him stuck in the ditch. He couldn't get himself out of the mud, it was just like quick sand. I had to find a board and crawl out to him. Then I had to reach down and pull each leg separately from the mud. We were extremely dirty when we arrived home that evening.


Sin is like that. We don't notice that it is sucking us in until we try in our own strength to get out on own and then we realize that we need help. If we ignore it any longer we are doomed.
Hebrews warns us against allowing us to be drawn in by sin. Do we heed the warnings?

2 comments:

MandieCurtis said...

Am I wearing a helmet in this picture?

Kent said...

You should always be wearing a helmet.