Thursday, August 20, 2009

Come Down Conclusion

3. What about us today?
What is the application to prayer for us today? Some people think that prayer is only positive thinking. I have a friend who is an agnostic and when I was facing surgery he told me that he would pray for me. I couldn’t help but wonder who he was praying to since he questioned the existence of God. Sometimes when we pray we are concerned with our own comfort or the comfort of those that we are praying for at the time. Elijah’s concern was different. He was more concerned with the glory of God. John tells us in his gospel that prayer is to bring honour and glory to God. When we come to God in prayer, either for our own needs or for the needs of others, we need to remember that our first and primary concern is that God receives the glory. He will not share His glory with others.

No comments: