Saturday, January 4, 2014

Just a teacher

I was a high school teacher.  When people heard that they would ask me what I taught.  I usually gave them the short answer which was "Mathematics".  However this was only partly true.  I taught students, young men and women, mathematics.  I taught people and as a high school mathematics teacher my desire was to teach them not just how to do mathematics but to love mathematics.

As we begin a new year and a new series in our Bible class I don't just want to teach the Bible, I want to teach people the Bible.  I want people not just to know the Bible but to love the Bible and love the God of the Bible.  If all I have done is teach Bible then I have failed.  I know that Isaiah said that the Word of God as it goes out will accomplish its purpose so it is important that I teach the Bible but more so to teach people to love the Word of God.

No comments: