Sunday, June 23, 2013

What If There Was No Genesis?

I wrote this 17 years ago but I would like to share it now.

I have just finished studying Genesis in my Sunday School class and I was thinking, What if there was not Genesis in our Bible?
Genesis is the book of beginnings. Without Genesis we would not know where this earth came from; where man came from; why there is sin in the world; what is God's remedy for sin; why must man suffer and die; why is man tempted; why are there different languages, nations and races; why we have governments; why we have different seasons; and what does the rainbow mean.

We would not know where the Jewish people came from and why the land of Israel is so important to them.

Genesis shows us that God is a powerful God, a loving God, a faithful God, and a caring God. Without Genesis I would not know why we are sinners and why we need a Saviour.

I am glad that God placed Genesis in our Bible. Without Genesis the story of redemption would not be complete.

No comments: