Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Right hand

David says in Psalm 16:8, "I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."  Later he says, "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."  Psalm 16:11
The right hand is usually a symbol of strength.  With the Lord at my right hand I know that He is my strength.  However, in the last verse he says that at the Lord's right hand there is pleasure for evermore.  When I am at the Lord's right hand I know that I am under His care.
When I was a child and I went for a walk with my dad he would take my left hand in his right hand and walk with me.  I was at his right hand but he was caring for me and protecting me.  When I became a man and my father was old and ill I would again walk with him but now he took my right arm and I gave him strength.  I often feel like the child walking with the Lord with my left hand in His right hand.  But sometimes I feel like the feeble old man who needs to put my left hand in His right so that he can help me walk.



No comments: