Monday, June 10, 2013

Nothing good

When I look at my possessions I realize that I don't have a lot of good things.  If my life was measured by what I own then my life would not be worth very much. 
However, I do have good things but they are not measured in money but they are still good things. 
David says that apart from the Lord he has nothing good.  However, a few verses later he says this, "The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."  Psalm 16:6  When we measure our lives by our possessions we are poor but when we know that we have a delightful inheritance then though we may appear to the world to be poor we are rich.  Paul writes to the church in Galatia, "If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."  Galatians 3:29
Can we say that we have nothing good when we are heirs with God's people, joint heirs with Jesus Christ?  We have nothing good in ourselves but in Him we are rich.



No comments: