Friday, May 31, 2013

Who invited him?

I know a pastor who told me that the speaker at their general assembly was a person who I know to be emergent.  I have read two of his books and so when I was told who this speaker was I shuttered.  "What is the problem?" I was asked.  So I said that this was a well known emergent leader.
So what is the problem.  This pastor did not know who this man was and I am sure that he gave a very excellent address to the assembly.  However, I wondered how many of the pastors at that assembly knew who this man is and what he represents.  I am not faulting the pastors if they buy his books and use them to shape their theology, after all, the denominational leaders recommended him by inviting him to the assembly.  Denominational leaders have a great responsibility that the truth of the gospel is upheld.  They need to make sure that those they invite to speak to the pastors also hold to a biblical view of the gospel.  They will be held accountable.

No comments: