Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Legacy

What kind of a legacy would you want to leave?  A plaque on a building?  A bridge named after you?  Maybe you could have a star named after you.
What was Moses' legacy?  In one word, the Word.  When we think of the law, we think of Moses.  When we begin at the beginning of our Bible we think of Moses.  However, Moses' legacy was more than just giving us the first five books of the Bible it was that the Word was to be an integral part of our lives.  It was to be our very life.  But Moses didn't stop there.  He wanted the Word to be an integral part of our community living.  It was to guide our relationships, our families, our business.  And we were to ensure that the Word was to be taught to generations following us.
What if Moses' only legacy was a statue, a great statue by Michael Angelo, but only a statue.  No, it was much more than that, it is the very Word of God.
What will be my legacy?  I will never write Scripture as Moses did but I can teach the Word.  May it be that my legacy will be that I loved the Word and I loved to teach the Word.

No comments: