Thursday, July 14, 2011

Whose faith heals?


Last Sunday I heard Bob Craft of the Bible League of Canada preach from Luke 5 and yesterday I heard via audio book Joni Ericksen Tada refer to the same passage. Often people point out to Joni that either there is secret sin in her life that she hasn't confessed or that she does not have the faith to be healed. Joni took the passage that her accusers were using against her and showed that it says, "that when Jesus saw their faith". She then told the accuser that maybe she wasn't healed because he didn't have faith. In a society that honours individuality it does not occur to us that we are together responsible for each others lives and that includes healing. I want to say more about healing but I also wanted people to be aware that it is wrong to accuse others of secret or unconfessed sin or lack of faith when the problem may be us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post, Joe ... I've planned to speak on that miracle on my return! (August 6) ... doing some prep while on holidays ... it's an interesting story! Gord