Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dust


I was reading in Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest from the June 18 entry and I couldn't help contrast with the Dust video I saw this past week by Rob Bell. Oswald Chambers tells us that Peter was to self confident but Rob Bell tells us that he didn't have enough confidence in himself. This new age teaching is what you might expect from Oprah or Dr. Phil but from a Bible teacher it is unbelievable. We are told over and over again in scripture not to put our trust in ourselves or in our flesh but rather to depend upon God. Peter couldn't walk on the water because he had too much confidence in himself and not in the Lord. The Lord can use a person who has all his or her confidence in Him (Jesus) and not in self.
Is Peter his own saviour or is Jesus the Saviour? Sorry Rob Bell I believe that Oswald Chambers understands salvation and Scripture.

No comments: