Saturday, April 11, 2009

Did we miss it?


"LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." Habakkuk 3:2

Back in 2001 just after the attacks on the US there was a renewed interest in spiritual matters. It was a time when people were looking for answers. How did we pray as a church? Did we pray as Habakkuk prayed when the Babylonians were attacking Jerusalem, "Keep your work going"? I think we were more interested in our own comfort and safety so we prayed for protection. Now there is nothing wrong in praying for protection and safety but did we miss out on praying for a spiritual awakening?

Just wondering!

2 comments:

Kent said...

I like the picture incorporation into your posts. It almost makes it seem like I should be paying to read it :)

GDAC Bible Studies said...

Thanks to google images for many of the pictures.