Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Son


Today is our third son's birthday. When he was born 27 years ago we had no idea what he would do for a living, where he would live or anything else. Even five years ago we had no idea but today he is a police officer. I wonder if we would need police officers if people took the Ten Commandments seriously? I know that we would need some officers to help us in situations that come our way because we live in a fallen world but so many times the police officer's time is taken up with lying, stealing, and other violations of the Ten Commandments. All of this starts in the heart that does not trust in our God.
I am proud of my son. I am proud of what he does and I know he does it well. I am even more proud in who he is. God bless you son as you uphold the laws of our land. Happy birthday.

1 comment:

Kent said...

I must say I was shocked and happily surprised to see none other than a picture of .. ME .. on your blog. It was a real great start to the day, and it gives me so much joy to hear just what you had to say!!
I wonder if Jesus felt the same kind of joy after hearing his Father's words of pride in Matthew 17. Thanks for the blog!