Sunday, March 9, 2008

Doing what is right.

I think all of us at one time or another have been victims of robbery. Just a few months ago someone broke the window on my van and stole a camera from the car. It was in the middle of the day, in a church parking lot, in front of windows where there were people who could see what was going on. When we were in the Philippines I had my wallet stolen by a workman who came to deliver water to our house. Fortunately we were able to get the wallet back without losing anything from it.
But how many times have we been in a position to steal something. One day I went into the bank and put my card in the bank machine to withdraw money. Before I started I noticed sixty dollars in the machine that the person before me had forgotten to take. Fortunately the person was still in the bank and I was able to give her the money. Another time I purchased some items from the store including five quarts of milk. When I got home I saw that I had only been charged for four quarts. The next time I was in the store I told the clerk to charge me for an extra quart. She asked me why I would do that since no one would know what had happened. I told her, "I know." Also I could have said, "and God knows."

No comments: