Thursday, March 27, 2008

Grace Walk

A number of weeks ago I wrote a report on the book "Grace Walk" by Steve McVey. Though I found the premise of the book to be something I agreed with I did find his approach to be more of a knee jerk reaction to a life of legalism. He often made it sound that the problem was the Law but that is not true. If you read the New Testament carefully to realize very quickly that it is us that is the problem and not the Law. One cannot blame the "Do not walk on the grass" sign for the fact that we wanted to walk on the grass. The sign only woke the sinful nature that is in each of us. No one can tell me what I can or cannot do.That problem is the fact that we want to be on the throne of our lives. The Ten Commandments make it very clear that the problem is our inablity to keep the Law and not the Law itself. One thing is that we do not understand the Law. The purpose of the Law shows us what God is like. The effects of the Law show us that we need a Saviour. We are by nature undisciplined and that is why Paul told us that we are to discipline ourselves to Godliness. Let us not blame the sign for our disobedience. If you want to read my report on Grace Walk you can send me an email and I will send it to you.

No comments: