Saturday, September 15, 2012

Glory and Shame

In my continuing study about hair I must say that I am probably more confused except for one thing. 
However, first it seems that a woman's hair is tied to her glory and her shame.  In the movie Ryan's daughter her hair was cut off to shame her for her sinful behaviour.  In many cultures a woman's hair is shaved off to show that she has sinned.  Without her hair she feels shamed.  Have you noticed that it is far more tragic that a woman loses her hair during chemotherapy than it is for a man?  It is unnatural for a woman to have no hair while it is okay for a man.
And what about men and long hair?  I remember in high school the vice-principal calling down the "following shaggy dogs" who were given detentions for not getting their hair cut.  But then I read about the Nazarite vow which included that a man should not cut his hair during the time of his vow. 
So what can I conclude about all this?  One thing.  A man is not to look like a woman and a woman is not to look like a man.  Hair plays a big part in our looks.  It seems to me that it is more about style than about length. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

paul says that this phenomenon is evident in nature. Did God make a mistake when we see men loosing their hair as they get older?