Thursday, September 20, 2012

Check Your Attitude.

Today I had to check my attitude.  I was looking forward to a morning of relaxation, study and preparing my lesson for Sunday.  However, I received a call from the store that I was needed to drive truck this morning.  I didn't want to and I resented being called.  After all, I think I do more than my share.  When I got to the store not only did I have to drive but the truck was still loaded from yesterday and before I could do anything else I had to unload.
Two things made me re-evaluate my attitude.  First, there are thousands of people who get to learn about Jesus and the Gospel because our store makes money for the Bible League of Canada.  It is not about me or fulfilling my needs but helping to grow the Kingdom of God.  Second, I looked at my helper for today.  Cecil is 82 years old and still helps lift, carry and move furniture some of which is very heavy.  He does not complain but does his part to keep the store going.  May his tribe increase.
I think many of us need to check our attitude as we come to the Lord's supper.  We are too hot, or too cold, or too crowded.  We didn't like the music, the sermon was too long, the person beside us needed a bath and they cannot sing on key.  Some how we make it all about us when it is not about us at all.  Communion is a time to remember, remember what our Lord did, what He is doing and what He will do for us.  Communion is about Him, not about us.  We need to check our attitude.

No comments: