Sunday, December 19, 2010

Why Christmas Re-visited

A number of years ago I wrote a little booklet called Why Christmas. In that booklet I looked at the various people and events of that time and asked the question Why? If I was to do it again I would add another chapter. I willl outline it here.

Why Christmas?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1,14

Christmas is about God with us. The Creator of the universe became a man so that He could be our Saviour. As I said before He came at the right time. Galatians 4:4. He came in the right way, born of a virgin under the Law. It was not the work of man but a miracle of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 4:4. Finally, He came to do the right thing, He came to redeem us. Galatians 4:5.

Why Christmas? Christmas tells us that God became man to redeem us.

No comments: