Thursday, December 9, 2010

Questions

When my children were young they asked many questions. Most of the questions were why questions and that is how they learned. When I was teaching I asked a of questions of my students to help them learn but I knew they were learning when they asked me questions.
God asks questions but not to get information that He doesn't know but to make us examine our own hearts. For example:
In Genesis 3 He asked Adam and Eve "Where are you?", "Who told you that you were naked?", and "What have you done?"
In Genesis 4 He asked Cain "Where is your brother?" and "What have you done?"
In Matthew 16 Jesus aced His disciples "But who do you say that I am?"
In Jonah 4 the Lord shows Jonah how gracious He is by asking Jonah questions rather than issuing indictments. These questions are given so that Jonah will examine his heart. What is the Lord asking you today? Maybe He is asking the same question He put to Isaiah ;"Who will go and who can I send?"

No comments: