Saturday, September 25, 2010

I am not going to Pray for that

A friend of mine was having marital problems and he asked me to pray for him. I said to him that I wasn't going to pray that his marriage would be restored but rather that he would have the joy of the Lord renewed in his heart. I then backed up and said I would pray for his marriage but not that it would be primary in his life. He began to see what I was talking about.

However, the wife of his pastor told him that his marriage would be restored, the Lord had told her that. The next week the wife filed for divorce. Was the pastor's wife wrong or just saying what she hoped would be true? I know that God's first concern for my friend is that he would fall in love with the Lord again. Now I should add that he is not angry at God but he has lost the joy of the Lord.

No comments: