Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Building Project

Our church is planning on doing a renovation to its sanctuary. I know that it is much needed but I also know that there are mixed feelings about spending the money at this time. I am both in favour as well as opposed to the building. Let me explain.

I am in favour if it means that we will do ministry better. Now I don't mean enhance our worship because we don't need a better sanctuary to do that but a new vision of God's holiness. However I do mean that if we have a better way to do ministry both at home and overseas then I am all in favour. Some feel frustrated with the sanctuary as it is now so they do not get involved as they should. I know the reasons are poor but that is the reality.

So why might I be opposed? I don't want us to focus on our comfort rather than on doing ministry. I heard good things at the meeting regarding ministry at home but as I heard that I had this feeling that the world wide mission is some how being downplayed. Don't get me wrong, I am excited that we see the needs in the community but why should they hear twice while some never get to hear the good news. Let us not think that we have done our part because we have done something.

Will renovating our sanctuary mean that we can do ministry and missions better? I believe it can but we must have an undivided heart, dedicated to the Gospel.

How does this relate to the Lord's prayer? Your kingdom come.

No comments: