Friday, December 18, 2009

Let the Holy Spirit do the work

My wife and I had the privilege of discipling a couple in the faith. The interesting part was when we began the discipling she was a Christian but he wasn't. However, he wanted to do the discipleship because he wanted to be a Christian. You may ask what stood in his way. That is what I will address tomorrow.
As we discipled this couple we saw many areas in their lives, especially hers as she was a believer, that needed to be addressed. Sometimes my wife and I had to bite our tongues to keep from doing the work of the Holy Spirit. If we had told her that she should stop doing this thing or that thing then she would have but there would not have been the conviction. By keeping quiet and allowing the Holy Spirit to address those issues in His time she not only overcame them but she had complete victory over them. Let us allow the Holy Spirit to do the convicting and we do the discipling.

No comments: