Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Gospel

We have taken a break from the normal Sundays at Six so I won't be writing about Hebrews until the New Year. I would like to spend time in December contemplating the Gospel. I want to really understand the Gospel so that every time I teach I can be sure that the Gospel is being taught. I have taught Adult Christian Education for over thirty years but in the past few years I have become so much more aware of the importance of Christ centred teaching.
Some would be quick to point to I Corinthians 15:3 - 4 to explain the Gospel and it is the Gospel in a nutshell. We must remember that the Gospel is about Christ. He came, He was crucified, He was buried, He was resurrected, and He was seen of mankind.
I would appreciate any insights you have regarding the Gospel. The writer of Hebrews warns us saying, "How can we escape if we neglect so great salvation."

No comments: