Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Children

What happens when our children mess up? Do we become angry because they brought shame upon us? Are we angry with them because we taught them better than that? Notice how quickly we are thinking about ourselves rather than the shame they feel or the shame that our Lord feels.
when one of our children messed up at first I was hurt, then I was angry, angry at the child for bringing shame upon our family but my wife taught me an important lesson. At that time we are to extend grace just as our Lord extended grace to us. When we did that the problem did not go away but the Lord took the problem and made it a blessing, a greater blessing than we ever expected.
THe moralist would react as I reacted at first but the Gospel tells us what my wife told me. THank you for that lesson.

No comments: