Friday, January 16, 2009

Steroids

Last week I worked with a police officer and he told me about a call that he had to respond to. A seventeen year old high school student was out of control and did about $20000 damage to his parents house. The parents could not deal with him so they called the police. It seems that he was taking steroids and that was what made him act the way he did.
Peter tells us that we are to be self-controlled. Three times in 1 Peter he mentions self-control. The first is in 1 Peter 1:13 - 16 where he connects self-control to holiness. Then in 1 Peter 4:7 he connects it to prayer and finally in 1 Peter 5:8 he tells us to resist the devil.
Self-control is not one of those exciting virtues but it is an important virtue in our spiritual growth.
Again let me remind you that if you want access to my lessons they are available but I do need your email address. Send me a note or a comment on this blog and I will send you the necessary information.

No comments: